Sheep Lambing House Structures – Grow your flock, increase your revenue.
- Increase your lamb weaning percentage.
- Lower your lambing mortality rates.
- Increase your mother-on success rate – especially with multiple lambs.
- Easier control of ewe genetics (for better mothering ability).
- Improve staff working conditions. Better staff productivity.
- Multi-purpose shed for out-of-season use:
- Storage of fertilizer, grain & produce.
- Undercover feeding facility.
- Equipment and implement storage.
Increase your profits
When lambing, more multiples equals more money. A PSG injection at ovulation = more multiples.
As a farmer, you will know, that with lambing in the field. The mother looks for the lamb while the mother-to-lamb bond is being established. Often, the weaker of the lambs are left abandoned and your lambing mortality rate increases.
A sheep lambing house shed allows for vastly improved lamb and ewe management during the lambing season.
There are other immediate benefits, for example, in a lambing shed, the mother-on role is reversed – the twins are looking for the mother (normally the mother looks for the lamb), and because the ewe is there in the pen with the lambs, the lamb-on rate is much higher.
This means that your lambing mortality rate goes right down.
Typical weaning rates in the field are between 80-85%.
Farmers using lambing houses are regularily achieving a weaning rate of between 130-140%. That’s an average of 63% increase in sale-able lambs. A great return on investment in anyone’s book. Paying these returns into the cost of the lambing house will cover the structure cost, which becomes an asset, in a relatively short time-frame.
There are farmers who have been employing a dedicated worker in the lambing house that are achieving up to a 170% weaning rate. That is an increase in sale-able lambs of 112.5%.
It’s freezing out there, now you have to go out into the fields and climb into your bakkie to inspect your lambs & ewes. Walking over to the lambing shed and flicking on the light– is that not a better option?
Here’s a few more benefits of using a sheep lambing house:
- Easy to tag lambs – manage your flock accurately.
- Vastly improved lamb & ewe health management.
- Mothering ability is clearly evident (good ewes are aggressive, they stand over their lambs). Thus, culling decisions are more accurate. You end up with a better flock over time.
Use our simple Lambing House calculator to see what size lambing house will support your flock requirements.
Or are you looking for something more specific, such as:
Farm Equipment Storage Sheds, Fertilizer Shed | Seed Storage Shed | Grain Shed, Rotary Dairy Shed, Calf Raising Pens | Calf-rearing Shed Facilities, Sheep Lambing Houses, Poultry Houses | Broiler Houses | Layer Units, Feedpad | Freestall Housing, Office Warehouse, Steel Structure Warehouse and Steel Structure Church Building.